These Terms and Conditions apply to all participants (herein after referred to as the rider) using a hire bike provided by Cheshire eBikes Limited (herein after referred to as Cheshire eBikes). Completion of a booking / reservation acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, Waiver and Release of Liability by the participant.
I (the rider) have carefully read this agreement in its entirety and understand its content. I am aware this is an assumption of risk, waiver and release of liability and I agree to it voluntarily.
1. Each rider agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the hire bike.
2. The rider is fully responsible for their action whilst using the hire bike. Cheshire bikes do not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions.
2. Each rider is responsible for providing their own insurance protection while using a hire bike. Any accident or injury caused by the rider’s actions will be the full responsibility of said rider.
3. Each rider will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider.
4. Cheshire eBikes require all riders hiring from us wear a cycle helmet at all times.
5. The rider may not participate in this activity if under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Rider Responsibility for Damage, Loss and Theft
6. At the time of rental Cheshire eBikes will place a hold on the rider's Payment Card. The hold will be released upon return of the rental bike without damage.
7. Bikes are rented out clean and in proper working condition and must be returned in the same manner.
8. Bikes are maintained in a roadworthy condition; however, it is the responsibility of the rider to check the bike before setting out on any ride
9. The rider agrees to return the bike to the hire bike staff. Failure to return the bike will result in Cheshire eBikes recovering the full retail value of the bike from the rider.
10. The rider agrees to return the bike in clean, undamaged condition to avoid any additional charges for the repair, maintenance or replacement.
Bikes should be returned clean of mud and debris – normal road grime is accepted. Any Bikes not returned clean may attract a cleaning fee.
Undamaged condition means normal wear and tear is accepted but does not include broken spokes, rims, bent rims, damaged frames, handlebars, seats or other parts from misuse and/or crashes.
The rider is responsible for any negligent damage caused to the bike. Damaged parts or components will be repaired/replaced at the shop’s discretion and customer agrees to pay regular shop rates and retail prices for components replaced.
11. The rider authorises Cheshire eBikes to charge the rider's payment card for all eventual costs in case of damage to the eBike(s) during the rental period, comprehensive of labour. In case of theft, the rider will be responsible for reimbursing Cheshire eBikes for the original price of the eBike(s), plus the cost of any accessories that were provided at the time of the bike rental.
12. Proof of identification must be provided upon collection of your cycling equipment. (e.g. driving licence, passport). Only nationally recognised forms of ID will be accepted i.e. Photo driving license or passport.
13. Please bring a copy of your booking confirmation when collecting your bikes.
14. We will endeavour to provide the bike(s) which you have booked, but we reserve the right to substitute your booked bikes for a bike(s) of the same value.
15. Cheshire eBikes reserve the right to refuse hire bike use to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
16. Age restrictions apply for bikes. Children must be at least 14 years old to ride an electronic bike. Riders under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. The booking form must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age may be requested.
17. Changes to bookings: Contact us at least 24 hours beforehand to change your booking to another day of your choice (subject to availability)
18. Cancellations: Full Payment is collected on booking the bike. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
Up to 2 weeks before the event or hire date – 5% administration charge.
Up to 1 week before the event or hire date – 20% of the value of the hire.
Up to 3 days before the event or hire date – 50% of the value of the hire.
1 day before the event – 75% of the value of the hire.
Day of event. – Full charge will be taken.
Understanding The Risk:
The rider understands and accepts that there are inherent and unavoidable risks involved in participating in bicycling.
The rider understands that participating in bicycling may also result in hazards posed by other bicycles and traffic or road conditions.
The rider understands that this activity may result in severe injury, including but not limited to spinal or head injury.
The rider understands that this activity may result in loss of or damage to property.
The rider understands they should be in good physical health to participate in bicycling, and confirms that they have no significant health issues that prevent them from participating in bicycling.
The rider understands the importance of wearing a helmet and that it is a condition of rental from Cheshire eBikes that a helmet must be worn at all times.
The rider understands that they should not and may not participate in this activity if under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Waiver and Release:
In agreeing to these terms and conditions, waiver and release, the rider confirms they understand the inherent risk involved in using this rental bicycling equipment and accept full responsibility for any and all such damage or injury which may result.
In consideration of Cheshire eBikes renting this bicycle, the rider specifically releases and forever discharges Cheshire eBikes and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability or claims for injury, illness, death or loss of or damage to property which the rider may suffer while renting this bike and participating in bicycling.
This discharge specifically includes, but is not limited to, liability or claims for injury, illness, death or damage caused by the negligence of Cheshire eBikes or its affiliates, officers, agents, or employees.
The rider confirms it is their intent by the Waiver and Release Agreement to release Cheshire eBikes and hold it harmless from all liability for any such property loss or damage, personal injury or loss of life, whether caused by the negligence of Cheshire eBikes or whether based upon breach of contract, breach of warranty, or any other legal theory.
The rider fully realises that if injury, illness, death or damage occurs to the rider or there their child while they are engaged in renting this bike or participating in bicycling, they will have no right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against Cheshire eBikes or its affiliates, officers, agents or employees, even if they or any of them negligently cause the rider's (or child's) injury injury, illness, death or damage.
By confirming for a minor, the rider agrees that they are their parent or legal guardian and am releasing Cheshire eBikes from any claims, lawsuits or responsibilities for that minor. Each of the riders has read this agreement for use of bikes and release and waiver of liability.
The Rider understands that the ebike may be fitted with a GPS Tracker. Data is kept for up to 2 weeks after a bike is returned and then deleted.